SEVEN PLANTS THAT PURIFY YOUR HOME
BEST INDOOR PLANTS FOR AIR QUALITY
ALOE - AN AIR PURIFIER
1. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is an extremely popular plant to cultivate in the home, not only due to its pleasing appearance, but for its abundance of health benefits as well.
While we all are familiar with aloe’s ability to soothe burns and moisturize irritated skin, did you know it purifies the air as well?
Aloe effectively removes formaldehyde and benzines, which are commonly found in detergents and other cleaning products. Aloe enjoys ample sunlight, and doesn’t require a great deal of attention other than the occasional drink of water.
DAISY AS AN AIR PURIFIER
Be sure to keep the soil moist and drained, and put it in a room with plenty of natural sunlight for best results.
IS CHINESE EVERGREEN AN AIR PURIFIER?
Chinese Evergreen filters out formaldehyde, benzine and other harmful chemicals.
Would you like to buy Chinese Evergreen plants?
INDOOR PLANTS THAT CLEAN THE AIR AND REMOVE TOXINS
4. Chrysanthemum: These beautiful flowers are sure to add a touch of class wherever they are cultivated, but did you know that they can help purify the air as well? These blossoms remove everything from benzine to ammonia, both of which can have harmful effects.
Chrysanthemums do best in an area with ample sunlight, so keep them in a sunny window or other area where they are able to soak up the rays.
DRACAENA PURIFIES AIR
5. Red-Edged Dracaena/Dragon Tree: This plant is slow to grow, yet your patience will be amply rewarded.
With its spiky leaves tipped with vivid red, it effectively filters out xylene and trichloroethylene, both of which are pollutants with very serious potential side effect to our health.
Keep in mind that this plant can reach up to eight feet in height, so it's not the best choice for a place that is short on space.
DO SNAKE PLANTS CLEAN THE AIR?
6. Snake Plant/Mother in Law’s Tongue: This easy-to-grow, yellow-tipped succulent plant is a great addition to any bedroom, as it allows for a more restful sleep, particularly for people who are sensitive to allergens.
It’s highly effective at filtering out formaldehyde, xylene and benzene.
SPIDER PLANT ARE AIR CLEANERS
7. This is a wonderful choice for people who don’t have a lot of time to spend on caring for a houseplant.
Incredibly resilient, spider plants tend to thrive in nearly any household, and as a bonus, you can cut off and replant the smaller offshoots from to create a whole new thriving plant!
Spider plants require very little upkeep, and are also great for families with pets and small children, as they’re largely non-toxic.