This baobab plant is about 9 to 20 inches high and is in a plastic 8 -10 inch planter.
3 Gallon = 8-10 inch planter
The seedlings are about two and a half years old.
The seedlings have been made into bonsai trees.
Also known as the monkey-bread tree, the baobab tree originated in Africa. This deciduous tree can live to be upwards of 1,500 years old. It averages anywhere from twenty to eighty feet tall, coupled with a large, barrel-like trunk with a diameter up to forty-five feet.
Baobab tree seedling (adansonia digitata) grown from seed:
- Loves full sun
- Flourishes in a large planter
- Becomes dormant 6 months out of a year ( don't water during those months)
- Loves plenty of water and well draining soil during summer (allow soil to dry completely between waterings)
- DO NOT OVERWATER.
- Does not tolerate temperatures lower than 55F (13C)
- ONLY to the US.
- Shipping from the South Florida.
- Orders over $50 are free.
If you would like smaller versions, check out: